Sunday, January 29, 2012

Why I started this blog...

Well, if you know me, you know that I have never been fond of blogging. I began a blog while pregnant with my 19 month old daughter, Leah. The blog tracked my pregnancy, and the first...maybe...6 months of her life before I gave up. I think her baby book is only full to 9 months. Bad mommy!!

Recently, I have been on a huge travel kick. It began when I was flipping through Leah's baby album and there was a space for me to write her a letter. To this day, I haven't wrote a thing, but I have been thinking about it. I think the most important thing I can tell Leah is to see the world. The world is waiting for her, it is all there for her to see.

But how can I tell her to see the world, when I haven't? Why have Josh and I been satisfied sitting around Ohio (of all places) year after year, only making it to about 4 other states in 30 years?

So now I am on a new mission. I printed a map of the United States and marked off the pitiful amount of places Josh and I have been. I would like to visit all 48 states in the continental U.S. before Leah is 18 years old. And not just a drive-through...I want to stay at least a weekend in each state (including Washington D.C). There are several problems with this mission...the biggest one being funds, and a close second is the fact that I don't know what to do in each state.

Here is what I need from my readers...I need people from all over the United States to tell me about their state. If I only have one weekend to spend in your state, what should I do? What is affordable? I have tried to look on the internet, but that isn't the same. I want YOU to tell me about the best vacation spots, even if it just beautiful scenery for hiking.

I want to see the US with my daughter and my husband. And I want Leah to go out someday and see the world.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet giving thing to do for your little girl! I will put together a tour guide of places you should see in Kansas. It might take a few days as I would like to give it some real thought. Fantastic idea!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever decide to head out to Colorado let me know. I can give you an entire itinerary of ideas on where to go and what to see. I lived there for 10 years!

    Later!

    ReplyDelete